[Todos CMAT] Fwd: [IMU AO CL 25/2021] Bids for the ICM 2026

Lydia Tappa lydia en cmat.edu.uy
Lun Dic 6 15:47:05 -03 2021

---------- Forwarded message ---------
De: IMU Secretary <secretary en mathunion.org>
Date: vie, 3 dic 2021 a la(s) 06:24
Subject: [IMU AO CL 25/2021] Bids for the ICM 2026
To: <ao en mathunion.org>

To: The Adhering Organizations of the International Mathematical Union (IMU)

Dear colleagues

On 30 November the deadline expired to present a bid to host the ICM 2026,
see Circular Letter 15/2019
<https://www.mathunion.org/fileadmin/IMU/Publications/CircularLetters/2019-2020/IMU%20AO%20CL%2015_2019.pdf>.
The IMU received
one bid from the US with Philadelphia as venue for the ICM and New York
City for the General Assembly.  The proposed
dates are 19–20 July for the General Assembly and 22–29 July, 2026, for the
ICM.

The procedure now is as follows: The Executive Committee of the IMU will
make a site visit, and based on this and the bid,
it will make a recommendation to the General Assembly which will decide on
the venue of ICM 2026 at its meeting in
St Petersburg 3–4 July, 2022. All documents will be made available to the
delegates in time for the General Assembly.

We appreciate all the efforts that our US colleagues have made in preparing
their bid.

Regards
Helge Holden

Prof. Helge Holden
Secretary General of the International Mathematical Union
https://www.mathunion.org <http://www.mathunion.org>
Phone:+47-92038625