[Todos CMAT] Fwd: Invitation to the 2020 Ramanujan Prize Ceremony followed by the Math Colloquium on Wednesday 9 December 2020, at 15:00 hrs (CET)+IMUNet+CWM Ne

Eugenia Ellis eellis en fing.edu.uy
Mie Dic 9 12:16:24 -03 2020

Es ahora!

---------- Forwarded message ---------
De: M-F Roy <marie-francoise.roy en univ-rennes1.fr>
Date: mar, 1 de dic. de 2020 a la(s) 10:07
Subject: Invitation to the 2020 Ramanujan Prize Ceremony followed by the
Math Colloquium on Wednesday 9 December 2020, at 15:00 hrs (CET)+IMUNet+CWM
Ne

Dear CWM ambassadors

a) With Claudio Arezzo's permission I am happy to invite you to the
(virtual) Ramanujan Prize Ceremony, the 2020 Winner is Carolina Araujo, the
CWM vice-chair. We are so proud of her !!

%%%

This year's Ramanujan Prize Ceremony will take place on Wednesday 9

December 2020 starting at 15:00 hrs CET.

The programme of the ceremony includes a talk by the 2020 winner, Dr.
Carolina Araujo (IMPA), on "Algebraic Varieties with Positive Tangent
Bundles" and a Math colloquium by the 2018 Fields Medalist Dr. Caucher
Birkar entitled "Algebraic Geometry and Beyond" (for further details
regarding the programme kindly visit http://indico.ictp.it/event/9493/).

Due to the current national health measures and travel restrictions that
are in place, both events will take place online by ZOOM.

We hope you will be able to attend the ceremony by registering through
the following link:

https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_Gejri_kDRKan47M4-LwV7g

After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing
information about joining the webinar.

Kind regards,

Claudio Arezzo
Head, ICTP Mathematics Section

%%%

b) Please find attached IMU-Net-104. Note that you can subscribe to it here
http://www.mathunion.org/organization/IMU-Net

c) Also note that you can subscribe to CWMNewsletter here
https://www.mathunion.org/cwm/about/cwm-newsletter

All the best

Marie-Francoise

--
Marie-Francoise Roy
chair of the IMU Committee for Women in Mathematics mathunion.org/cwm/

--

Dra Eugenia Ellis
Profesora Adjunta

Instituto de Matemática y Estadística