[Todos CMAT] Fwd: Berlin Mathematical School (BMS) - Call For Applications

José L. Vieitez jvieitez en fing.edu.uy
Mie Oct 16 09:37:18 UYST 2013

Recibo y distribuyo.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Prof. John M. Sullivan <applications en math-berlin.de>
Date: 2013/10/16
Subject: Berlin Mathematical School (BMS) - Call For Applications

Dear colleagues,

We would be grateful if you could inform interested students about our call
for applications for graduate studies at the Berlin Mathematical School.

Thanks in advance!

Best wishes,

John M. Sullivan, Professor of Mathematics
Chair, Berlin Mathematical School

Berlin Mathematical School (BMS) - Get Your Math PhD in Berlin
Website: http://www.math-berlin.de/application

The Berlin Mathematical School is the joint graduate school of the
mathematics departments at the three major universities in Berlin:
Freie Universität, Humboldt-Universität and Technische Universität.

We offer an excellent (post)graduate program taught in English in a broad
and active research environment. This is complemented by our mentoring
program, language courses, soft-skills seminars, travel support for summer
schools and conferences, and special funding for students with children.

Our seven main research areas are:

* Differential geometry, global analysis and mathematical physics
* Algebraic and arithmetic geometry, number theory
* Probability, statistics and financial mathematics
* Discrete mathematics and combinatorial optimization
* Geometry, topology and visualization
* Numerical mathematics and scientific computing
* Applied analysis and differential equations

The graduate program starts with three to four semesters of course work
(Phase I) leading to a master's degree.  This is followed by four to six
semesters of thesis research (Phase II) leading to a doctoral degree at one
of the three universities.

Students who will have completed their bachelor's degree by October 2014
can apply to Phase I; those who will have completed their master's degree
by this date can apply to start directly in Phase II.

Complete information about applying to the BMS is available online:
http://www.math-berlin.de/images/Guidelines2013.pdf

Deadline for admission with scholarship: 15 December 2013
Deadline for admission only: 15 May 2014
Website: http://www.math-berlin.de/application

Contact:
E-Mail: applications en math-berlin.de
phone: +49 30 314-78651
http://www.math-berlin.de

If you would like to unsubscribe from our mailing list, please write to <
list-admin en math-berlin.de>