[Todos CMAT] APPLICATIONS OF MATHEMATICS TO MUSIC STUDIES: OPEN PROBLEMS*

Ernesto Mordecki mordecki en cmat.edu.uy
Vie Sep 15 13:45:47 UYT 2006

Estimados Todos: Llego a la direccion del CMAT una
invitacion desde Italia a colaborar en temas de matematica y musica.
(ver detalles abajo)

Si hay interesados pueden contactarse directamente,
Nico Sica <nico en polimetrica.it> y les pido nos hagan saber

Saludos, Ernesto

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: mario wschebor <wschebor en cmat.edu.uy>
Date: Sep 15, 2006 12:28 PM
Subject: [Fwd: Centro de Matemática: Invitation]
To: Ernesto Mordecki <mordecki en cmat.edu.uy>

       Asunto:        Centro de Matemática: Invitation
       Fecha:        Thu, 10 Aug 2006 10:46:38 +0200
       De:        Nico Sica <nico en polimetrica.it>
       PARA::        wschebor en cmat.edu.uy

 Dear Professor Wschebor,

I'm the director of the POLIMETRICA Institute of Science and Technology,
a new not for profit institution that defines projects related to the
foundations and the applications of mathematics and proposes campaigns
useful to improve the development of science and technology in the
different countries of the world.
I'm creating a network of academic partner institutions which can be
interested in our activities (at the end of the message you can find a
sample project) and am writing to you in order to invite the "Centro de
Matemática" to join our network.
The goal of this partnership is to reinforce the international
cooperations among institutions which have similar purposes and work in
the same field of research.
In concrete, the partnership implies a periodical e-mail correspondence
useful to keep updated each other with the different developed projects
and possibly to propose scientific collaborations and opportunities
related to them.
I really hope the "Centro de Matemática" can accept this my invitation
which is free of any charge of course.
In the case, in order to register your institution in the network of
academic partners, I'll simply need an e-mail contact of one or more
reference persons who will mantain the correspondence with us and a logo
(as image) of the "Centro de Matemática".
The logo will be inserted in the partners section of our forthcoming web
site.
Please feel free to contact me for any question.
I'll be honored and pleased to answer.
Many thanks.

Yours friendly,
Giandomenico Sica

Director and Researcher
POLIMETRICA Institute of Science and Technology
Corso Milano 26
20052 Monza (MI) Italy Europe
Phone: ++39.039.2301829
Fax: ++39.039.2301822
Skype: nicosica
E-mail 1: nico en polimetrica.it
E-mail 2: sica en disco.unimib.it
Publications:
http://www.polimetrica.com/polimetrica/view/people/Sica,_Giandomenico.html
Chairman: http://www.uni-log.org
Editor-in-chief (Polimetrica Publisher): http://www.polimetrica.com

SAMPLE PROJECT

*APPLICATIONS OF MATHEMATICS TO MUSIC STUDIES: OPEN PROBLEMS*

*Goal*

The goal of the project is to define a document that includes a detailed
list of open problems related to the applications of mathematics in
music studies.

*Working group*

The working group is composed by mathematicians, musicians and computer
scientists coming from universities and institutions located in the
different countries of the world.

*Participants*

At the present 10 researchers coming from universities located in the
different parts of the world are involved in the development of this
project: Marc Chemillier (Université de Caen, France), Guerino Mazzola
(University of Zurich, Switzerland), Jean-Paul Allouche (Université
Paris-Sud and CNRS, France), John Rahn (University of Washington, USA),
Dmitri Tymoczko (Princeton University, USA), Jan Haluska (Slovak Academy
of Sciences, Slovaki), Ondrej Hutnik (Slovak Academy of Sciences,
Slovaki), Lawrence Fritts (University of Iowa, USA), Dave Benson
(University of Aberdeen, Scotland, UK), Moreno Andreatta (IRCAM, France).

*Public domain*

The results of the project are placed in the public domain freely
accessible to anyone in the world who might be interested.