[Todos CMAT] Fwd: [IMU AO Circular Letter 6/2023] International Decade of Sciences for Sustainable Development 2024–2033

Lydia Tappa lydia en cmat.edu.uy
Vie Sep 8 10:29:27 -03 2023

---------- Forwarded message ---------
De: IMU Secretary <secretary en mathunion.org>
Date: vie, 8 sept 2023 a la(s) 04:03
Subject: [IMU AO Circular Letter 6/2023] International Decade of Sciences
for Sustainable Development 2024–2033
To: <ao en mathunion.org>

To: The Adhering Organizations of the International Mathematical Union (IMU)

Dear colleagues

I am happy to announce that on 25 August the United Nations, in a meeting
of its General Assembly, proclaimed the International Decade of Sciences
for Sustainable Development (IDSSD) 2024–2033.

This is a great outcome of the International Year of Basic Sciences for
Sustainable Development (IYBSSD 2022 <http://www.iybssd2022.org/>), of
which the IMU is a founding union.

More information regarding the proclamation can be found here
<https://www.iybssd2022.org/en/an-international-decade-of-sciences-for-sustainable-development/>.
The full text of the resolution can be found here
<https://www.un.org/en/observances/international-decades>.

The IMU looks forward to being part of the IDSSD 2024–2033. Many activities
will take place worldwide throughout the decade to come, and we sincerely
hope that mathematicians will take part in these activities and continue to
show the fundamental role of mathematics among the sciences.

Regards
Christoph

[image: logo] *Christoph Sorger*
Secretary General of the International Mathematical Union
[image: phone] +33 251125921 <+33251125921>  [image: mail]
secretary en mathunion.org <secretary en mathunion.org>  [image: www]
www.mathunion.org <https://www.mathunion.org>