[Todos CMAT] Fwd: ICTP Basic Notions Seminar - Friday 9 December at 16:00 (Diletta Martinelli)/hybrid seminar

roma roma en fing.edu.uy
Mie Nov 23 09:23:31 -03 2022

RECIBOY DISTRIBUYO, RM

ICTP BASIC NOTIONS SEMINARS 2022

Friday, 9 December, at 16:00

Hybrid seminar

Venue: for in-person attendees (Leonardo da Vinci, Luigi Stasi seminar room).

For virtual attendees:
https://zoom.us/meeting/register/tJ0od-ihrTIjH9F3K0rVN45vAwYwC2diqLtL

Register in advance for this meeting:

After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing
information about joining the meeting.

Speaker:  Diletta Martinelli (University of Amsterdam)

Title: What is a moduli space?

Abstract: Given a certain set of mathematical objects, a guiding
question is often the classification problem. In algebraic geometry,
the objects that you would like to classify have usually some geometry
interests, like for instance manifolds, vector bundles, algebraic
curves. The attempt to reach a meaningful classification often leads
to the construction of a moduli space: a parameter space whose points
correspond to all the objects you would like to study. In the talk, I
will give a very gentle introduction to the notion of parameter space
focusing on elementary examples. If time permits, at the end I will
give some hints towards more complicated but also more interesting
examples.

https://indico.ictp.it/event/10142/