[Todos CMAT] Fwd: [IMU AO CL 6/2022] A further statement from the IMU regarding the ICM 2022 and IMU General Assembly

Lydia Tappa lydia en cmat.edu.uy
Jue Mar 3 20:22:34 -03 2022

---------- Forwarded message ---------
De: IMU Secretary <secretary en mathunion.org>
Date: dom, 27 feb 2022 a la(s) 13:03
Subject: [IMU AO CL 6/2022] A further statement from the IMU regarding the
ICM 2022 and IMU General Assembly
To: <ao en mathunion.org>

To: The Adhering Organizations of the International Mathematical Union
(IMU)

Dear colleagues,

We have received a few questions regarding our statement
<https://www.mathunion.org/fileadmin/IMU/ICM2022/ICM_2022_statement.pdf>
communicated
to the
Adhering Organizations in CL 5/2022
<https://www.mathunion.org/fileadmin/IMU/Publications/CircularLetters/2022/IMU%20AO%20CL%205_2022.pdf>
.

The Executive Committee of the IMU wants to state the following:

1. The IMU General Assembly and the ICM will be conducted without any
financial contribution from the Russian Government.
2. No official or representative of the Russian Government will be part of
the organization or activities of the ICM.
3. All mathematicians are welcome to participate in the activities of the
ICM.
4. ICM satellite conferences are and have always been outside the purview
of the IMU.

Regards
Helge Holden
[image: photograph] *Prof. Helge Holden*
Secretary General of the International Mathematical Union
[image: photograph]+47-92038625 <+4792038625>   [image: photograph]
secretary en mathunion.org <secretary en mathunion.org>   [image: photograph]
www.mathunion.org <https://www.mathunion.org>

AO en mathunion.org