[Todos CMAT] 2021 Nearly Carbon Neutral Geometric Topology Conference

lcarvajales en cmat.edu.uy lcarvajales en cmat.edu.uy
Mie Mayo 12 15:27:20 -03 2021

We are delighted to announce that applications are open to participate in NCNGT 2021 (http://www.ncngt.org/), a mixed (a)synchronous conference running online from June 14-25.

	NCNGT showcases the work of early career researchers in geometric topology. This year, we will have nine special sessions, each with pre-recorded talks, discussion via Discord, and live events like teas, office hours, and problem sessions.

	This year’s topic groups:
	* Beyond the chalkboard: topology through outreach
	* Dynamics and geometry of discrete subgroups of Lie groups
	* Foliations, flows, and dynamics in 3-manifolds
	* Recent techniques in Floer and Khovanov homology
	* Hyperbolic manifolds
	* Infinite type surfaces and big mapping class groups
	* Knots and braids in dimensions 3 and 3.5
	* Low-dimensional contact and symplectic topology
	* Symmetric spaces and generalizations
	We will also have four live plenary talks, given by Jayadev Athreya (Washington), Ian Biringer (Boston College), Priyam Patel (Utah), and Arunima Ray (MPIM).

	Applications to participate (https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSch1KyC8q1RiumF-lzKYX84SHnCZJKaqGlxqBPZtEAYnh_9ag/viewform?usp=sf_link) are due Monday, June 7; we will notify applicants on a rolling basis. We also encourage anyone interested -- but especially graduate students -- to submit a “Postcard from a Geometric Topologist” (https://www.ncngt.org/postcards).

	For more information, please see the conference website (http://www.ncngt.org/) or email the organizers at ncngt.organizers en gmail.com (mailto:ncngt.organizers en gmail.com)

	We hope to “see” you there!

	Best,

	Martin Bobb (https://sites.google.com/view/martin-bobbs-homepage/home), Siddhi Krishna (https://sites.google.com/view/siddhi-krishna/home), and Allison N. Miller (https://sites.google.com/view/anmiller/)