[Todos CMAT] Fwd: 2 Dynamics seminars at ICTP this week

roma roma en fing.edu.uy
Lun Jun 29 16:52:28 -03 2020

recibo y distribuyo, rm
Dear All, two Dynamical Systems online seminars from ICTP this week:

Dominic Veconi (Penn State University)
Tuesday 30 June 2020, 16:00 – 17:00
Title: Ergodic and thermodynamic properties of pseudo-Anosov diffeomorphisms
by Dominic Veconi (Penn State University) as part of ICTP Math Seminar

Abstract
Abstract: We discuss the thermodynamic and ergodic properties of a
smooth realization of pseudo-Anosov surface homeomorphisms. In this
realization, pseudo-Anosov map is uniformly hyperbolic outside of a
neighborhood of a set of singularities, and the trajectories are
slowed down so the differential is the identity at the singularities.
Using Young towers, we prove existence and uniqueness of equilibrium
measures for geometric $t$-potentials. This family of equilibrium
measures includes a unique smooth SRB measure and a measure of maximal
entropy, the latter of which has exponential decay of correlations and
the Central Limit Theorem.

Please register in advance for this meeting:
https://zoom.us/meeting/register/tJYkcu6rqz4tHtQO-cRBsFcrqad-WevSbC69
<https://zoom.us/meeting/register/tJYkcu6rqz4tHtQO-cRBsFcrqad-WevSbC69>

Khadim War (IMPA/University of Chicago)
Thursday 2 July 2020, 14:00 – 15:00
Title: Math Associates Seminar: Closed geodesics on surfaces without
conjugate points
by Khadim War (IMPA/University of Chicago) as part of ICTP Math Seminar

Abstract
Abstract: We obtain Margulis-type asymptotic estimates for the number
of free homotopy classes of closed geodesics on certain manifolds
without conjugate points. Our results cover all compact surfaces of
genus at least 2 without conjugate points. This is based on a join
work with Vaughn Climenhaga and Gerhard Knieper.

Please register in advance for this meeting:
https://zoom.us/meeting/register/tJwrcu6hrjwvGd3rxgA4UpjhJI5Cpd8v-XZs
<https://zoom.us/meeting/register/tJwrcu6hrjwvGd3rxgA4UpjhJI5Cpd8v-XZs>
After registration, you will receive a confirmation email containing
information about joining the meeting.

Stefano Luzzatto
Mathematics Section
Abdus Salam International Centre for Theoretical Physics
Strada Costiera 11, 34151 Trieste, Italy
Tel +39 040 2240253
luzzatto en ictp.it <mailto:luzzatto en ictp.it>
http://www.ictp.it/~luzzatto