[Todos CMAT] Fwd: International Day of Mathematics

Marcelo Fiori mfiori en fing.edu.uy
Mie Ago 14 14:02:33 -03 2019

Reenvío información, con un par de comentarios:

1) A partir del 2020, el 14 de marzo será el día internacional de la
matemática, proclamado por UNESCO (obviamente a raíz del sistema
estadounidense de fechas).

2) ¡El logo es uruguayo! Fue elegido por un concurso, y ya había sido
presentado en un correo de la IMU que reenvió Roberto.

Por supuesto que podemos pensar en organizar algo en este marco.

Saludos

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Christopher Lukman <christopher.lukman en imaginary.org>
Date: Wed, Aug 14, 2019 at 4:46 AM
Subject: International Day of Mathematics

Dear IMAGINARY-Uruguay Team,

this is our announcement for the IDM, please spread the word!

Best,

Christopher

--
[image: grafik.png]

Dear Mathematicians,

Maths is everywhere - it’s time to celebrate it! The UNESCO takes the
number Pi as an occasion to proclaim March 14th as the annual International
Day of Mathematics (IDM).

The festivities start on Friday March 13, 2020, in the UNESCO Headquarters
in Paris with the topic: Math is everywhere. We hope to hold an African
launch simultaneously at the Next Einstein Forum in Nairobi, Kenya.

Tell me about some activity and I will tell you where the mathematics is.

However you want to celebrate, we will support you on www.idm314.org with
ideas, projects, material, software and much more. Every activity will
become a part of an interactive map, that collects all projects around the
globe.

Spread the news, let passionate mathematicians know and tell us of your
activities!

I will be excited to hear from you!

Best regards,

Christopher Lukman (IMAGINARY)