[Todos CMAT] SEMINARIO DE PROBABILIDAD Y ESTADÍSTICA - RECORDATORIO

seminarios en cmat.edu.uy seminarios en cmat.edu.uy
Jue Dic 6 21:00:28 -03 2018

SEMINARIO DE PROBABILIDAD Y ESTADÍSTICA

Viernes 7 de diciembre, de 10:30 AM a 11:30 AM, Salón de Seminario - Centro de Matemática

Expositor: Jean-Marc Azais, Université de Toulouse

Título: Repulsion or attraction  of critical points  of isotropic  Gaussian fields.

Resumen: We study the local behaviour of critical points  of smooth Gaussian stationary and isotrope  fields$R^N \to R$ .  In dimension 1 ($N=1$)  we deduce from  well known results of the literature  that  there is always  repulsion  between critical points: they are  better  spread than a Poisson process.  In higher dimension, depending on the dimension, we observe  some neutrality  when $N=2$ and attraction for $N>2$. Specifying the index  of the critical points we give some interpretation.  Our results  generalise  the result by Beliaev et al   that concern  the random plane wave.