[Todos CMAT] Fwd: Permanent position at ICTP
Jana Rodriguez Hertz
janarh.arts en gmail.com
Jue Nov 2 11:10:47 -03 2017
---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Stefano Luzzatto <luzzatto en ictp.it>
Date: El jue, 2 nov 2017 a las 21:23
Subject: Permanent position at ICTP
To: <dynamics en lists.ictp.it>
PERMANENT POSITION AT ICTP FOR MID-CAREER SCIENTIST
Preference for PDEs and Numerical Analysis but all areas considered.
apply here: https://unesco.taleo.net/careersection/2/joblist.ftl
Come and live in beautiful Trieste and work for an institute with a soul
and a mission!
Note: the official job description says “fixed term” but this is because of
the way such contracts are classified in the unesco system. The job is
truly and effectively a PERMANENT position.
Title : RESEARCH SCIENTIST - This post is attached to the International
Centre for Theoretical Physics (ICTP) in Trieste, Italy
Domain : Natural Sciences - Mathematics
Post Number : 1ITSC0812TP
Grade : P-3
Organizational Unit : NATURAL SCIENCES SECTOR
Primary Location : IT-Trieste
Recruitment open to : Internal and external candidates
Type of contract : Fixed Term
Salary : 83 071 USD (Annual Salary)
Deadline (Midnight Paris Time) : December 1, 2017
OVERVIEW OF THE FUNCTIONS OF THE POST
Under the direct supervision of the Head of the Mathematics Group Section,
the incumbent will initiate, develop and coordinate competitive research
and training programmes in a branch of pure or applied Mathematics,
preferably one that complements fields currently covered at ICTP. In
particular, s/he will:
- Undertake first-rate research in a branch of pure or applied
Mathematics, preferably one that complements fields currently covered at
ICTP, including partial differential equations and numerical analysis.
Suggest, develop and help realize projects related to his/her general area
- Act as a liaison between the Mathematics group and other groups around
the world, where high-level research is conducted in areas related to
his/her expertise. Establish wide cooperation with scientists from
developing countries, identify the scientific needs of developing countries
and formulate appropriate recommendations.
- Lecture in the Mathematics Diploma and other ICTP programmes,
supervise Diploma theses and participate in joint PhD programmes with other
- Assist the Supervisor in reviewing applications and make selection of
post-doctoral fellows, visitors, associates, Diploma students and joint
SISSA/ICTP doctoral students.
- Help with the administrative duties of the Mathematics group as
assigned by the Supervisor.
- Assist the Supervisor in the organization of ICTP scientific meetings
as well as training programmes (schools and lecture courses).
- Advanced University degree (Ph.D. or equivalent) in Mathematics or
- At least 4 years of relevant scientific research experience at
national and international levels.
- Demonstrated professional experience in the field of pure or applied
Mathematics, including partial differential equations and numerical
- Experience in the design, implementation and management of scientific
- Excellent analytical skills. Ability to collect, synthesise and
analyse information from various sources.
- Proven ability to work in a team and to maintain effective working
relationships in a multidisciplinary and multicultural environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively on complex technical and scientific
issues in English.
- Excellent/very good communication skills (written and oral).
- Excellent/very good knowledge of English.
- Demonstrated experience in the teaching and/or mentoring of
undergraduate or postgraduate students.
- Experience in the development and coordination of scientific training
BENEFITS AND ENTITLEMENTS
[image: P] <http://icsc.un.org/rootindex.asp>
Dynamics mailing list
Dynamics en lists.ictp.it
------------ próxima parte ------------
Se ha borrado un adjunto en formato HTML...
------------ próxima parte ------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 108960 bytes
Desc: no disponible
Más información sobre la lista de distribución Todos