[Todos CMAT] Fwd: Conference Announcement: Please distribute, and we apologize for multiple listings!

Jana Rodriguez Hertz janarh.arts en gmail.com
Mar Mar 7 10:21:28 UYT 2017

FYI

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: CIMPA 2017 <cimpa2017ba en gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Mar 7, 2017 at 10:20 AM
Subject: Conference Announcement: Please distribute, and we apologize for
multiple listings!
To: todos-dm en dm.uba.ar

*Second ​**​ *
*A​​nnouncement: CIMPA 2017​ - IX Escuela Santaló​, *
*July 31 - August 11, 2017, Buenos Aires, Argentina*

Dear Colleagues, we are pleased to invite you to participate in the
CIMPA2017 Research School

*"Harmonic Analysis, Geometric Measure Theory and Applications*
*​" *

which is held together with the* IX Santaló *school
 from* July 31 to  August 11, 2017 in Buenos Aires, Argentina.*

The aim of this school is to focus on those aspects of Harmonic Analysis
which recently have had a huge impact, in particular in image and signal
processing. One characteristic feature is that several technological
deadlocks have been solved through the resolution of deep theoretical
problems in harmonic analysis and Geometric Measure Theory. It is our
purpose to present the new interlaces between Geometric Measure Theory and
Harmonic Analysis and how these new understandings can be applied to solve
real life problems. The courses of this CIMPA school will be taught by
leaders in these areas and will cover both: theoretical aspects and
applications. Our goal is that the courses can be followed by PhD students
and PostDocs in mathematics, and in signal and image processing; the
challenge being to emulate new interactions between these communities.

More information
​(and *registration*) ​
available at:

http://cms.dm.uba.ar/actividades/congresos/cimpa2017/index_html

or by e-mail: cimpa2017ba en gmail.com

Important Dates:
Registration opens:
​IS OPEN!!!​

Registration Deadline:           April 9th, 2017.

​We hope to be able to cover as much as possible of the local expenses for
latinamerican graduate students and postdocs/young researchers that do not
have their own sources of funding, so it is important that you​ register
soon!

Please notice that since this is a CIMPA-school, CIMPA requests that you
register here
<http://www.cimpa-icpam.org/ecoles-de-recherche/s-inscrire-a-une-ecole-de/article/how-to-apply-a-cimpa-research?lang=en>
 by April 9th!(2017)

We are also pleased to announce the Plenary Speakers and Courses:

*Courses for CIMPA-Santaló 2017 in Buenos Aires*
Massimo Fornassier
Karl-Heinz Gröchenig
Pertti Mattila
Maria Cristina Pereira
Pablo Shmerkin
Xavier Tolsa
Herwig Wendt

*Confirmed Plenary Speakers for  CIMPA-Santaló 2017 in Buenos Aires*

Patrice Abry
John Benedetto
Emanuel Carneiro
Maria Charina
Marianna Csornyei
Laura De Carli
Martin De Hoop
Patrick Flandrin
Chris Heil
Eugenio Hernandez
Alex Iosevich
Tamas Keleti
Mihalis Kolountzakis
Roberto Leonarduzzi
Basarab Matei
Clothilde Melot
Shahaf Nitzan
Carlos Pérez
Alex Powell
José Luis Romero
Stéphane Seuret
Ville Suomala
Rodolfo Torres
Alexander Ulanovskii
Yimin Xiao
Yang Wang

We look forward to seeing you at CIMPA
​-SANTALO ​
2017!

Akram Aldroubi, Carlos Cabrelli, Stephane Jaffard, Ursula Molter and Pablo
Shmerkin