[Todos CMAT] Seminario Muhittin Mungan, martes 21 de Julio, 16 hs

Vivián Iramounho vivian en fcien.edu.uy
Jue Jul 16 09:43:44 UYT 2015

Están todos invitados al seminario:

"Dynamical Criticality, Avalanches and Hysteresis"

Expositor: Muhittin Mungan, Universidad de Bogazici (Turquía)

Lugar: Salón de seminarios, IFFC

Fecha: Martes 21 de Julio, 16 hs

Resumen:
Dynamical Criticality refers to critical behavior, such as
the depinning of an interface, that occurs in systems with
disorder that are far from thermal equilibrium. I will present
an exactly solvable toy model for a depinning transition and
show how the underlying disorder gives rise to the critical
behavior observed. I will discuss the distribution
of avalanche sizes as well as the hysteretic behavior captured
by the model.