[Todos CMAT] Seminario de Sistemas Dinàmicos-Rafael Tiedra

Rafael Potrie rpotrie en cmat.edu.uy
Mie Sep 18 07:54:40 UYT 2013

Hola todos,

Este Viernes 20 (a las 14.30 en el salon de seminarios del IMERL) recibimos
a Rafael Tiedra <http://www.mat.puc.cl/~rtiedra/> de la PUC de Santiago de
Chile.

Va a hablar sobre: "Commutator methods for the spectral analysis of time
changes of horocycle flows", abajo adjunto va el resumen.

Son todos bienvenidos.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
: "Commutator methods for the spectral analysis of time changes of
horocycle flows"

Resumen: "We show that all time changes of the horocycle flow on compact
surfaces of constant negative curvature have purely absolutely continuous
spectrum
in the orthocomplement of the constant functions. This provides an answer  to
a question of A. Katok and J.-P. Thouvenot on the spectral nature of time
changes of horocycle flows. Our proofs rely on positive commutator methods
for self-adjoint operators and the unique ergodicity of the horocycle flow."

--
Rafael Potrie
rafaelpotrie en gmail.com