[Todos CMAT] Fwd: Very Important: TWAS-ROLAC Young Scientist Prize 2013.

roma en fing.edu.uy roma en fing.edu.uy
Mar Jul 30 11:50:08 UYT 2013

RECIBO Y DISTRIBUYO.
Lydia, por favor mándelo a todos PEDECIBAMatemática. Gracias, rm

Dear colleagues  of TWAS ROLAC,

The dead line for nominations for 2013 YS Prize in Mathematics was June 22nd
. We do not have a significant number of candidates, and also the candidates
we have are concentrated in only one country. Therefore, I would be very
grateful if you could disseminate this information to all your networks,
university, etc. and if possible I would like to count on your action to
help ROLAC to award this prize in 2013.

The new dead line will be July 31st , 2013

Sincerely,

Vivaldo Moura Neto
Head of TWAS ROLAC

Rio de Janeiro,  June  25th 2013.

Dear Fellow of TWAS-ROLAC,

We  invite all scientists in the region to make nominations for the 10th
edition of the TWAS-ROLAC Young Scientist Prize.

Note that it was decided by TWAS to begin to operate a two-track procedure
whereby nominations could be received from any suitable individual or
organization (e.g. Academies of Science, Centers of Excellence), as well as
opening up the procedure to simple applications from individual young
scientists. Therefore, we would be very grateful if you could disseminate
this information to all your networks, university, etc.

The TWAS-ROLAC Prize is a recognition of contributions made by active young
researcher in Latin America and the Caribbean. The prize of US$ 2,000 also
includes a trip, in November  2013, to attend the“14th Regional Conference
of Young Scientists of TWAS -ROLAC”. On the occasion the awardee will be
invited to make a presentation of his/her work.

In 2013, the TWAS-ROLAC Young Scientist Prize will be awarded in areas of
Mathematics.

Candidates must be 40 years of age or less in 2013 and have been affiliated
to institutions in Latin America and the Caribbean for the last ten years,
at least.
Nominations must be made by email to twas-rolac en abc.org.br  (Subject: Young
Scientist Prize), including:
Name, email, and Curriculum Vitae of the candidate, including the list of
publications.
Brief exposition of the reasons that justify the nomination.

Preferably, letters of recommendation from international experts should also
be included.

All documents must be sent by e-mail to twas-rolac en abc.org.br  by July  22nd
  , 2013.

Sincerely,

Vivaldo Moura Neto
Head of TWAS ROLAC