[Todos CMAT] Fwd: Berlin Mathematical School (BMS) - Call For Applications

José L. Vieitez jvieitez en fing.edu.uy
Jue Oct 25 13:14:10 UYST 2012

Recibi y distribuyo.
Mi politica al respecto es que la oferta debe ser lo más libre posible y
por eso lo distribuyo.
Pero en lo personal creo que debemos intentar que la mayoría de la gente
que se forme quede en el pais y en lo que sea posible se forme en el pais.
Saludos,
José.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Prof. John M. Sullivan <applications en math-berlin.de>
Date: 2012/10/25
Subject: Berlin Mathematical School (BMS) - Call For Applications

Dear colleague,

We would be grateful if you could inform interested students
about our call for applications for graduate studies at the
Berlin Mathematical School.

Thanks in advance!

Best wishes,

John M. Sullivan, Professor of Mathematics
Chair, Berlin Mathematical School

Berlin Mathematical School (BMS) - Get Your Math PhD in Berlin
http://www.math-berlin.de/latest-news/382-bms-call-for-applications

The Berlin Mathematical School is the joint graduate school of the
mathematics departments at the three major universities in Berlin:
Freie Universität, Humboldt-Universität and Technische Universität.

We offer an excellent (post)graduate program taught in English in a
broad and active research environment. This is complemented by
our mentoring program, language courses, soft-skills seminars,
travel support for summer schools and conferences, and special
funding for students with children.

Our seven main research areas are:

1. Differential geometry, global analysis and mathematical physics
2. Algebraic and arithmetic geometry, number theory
3. Probability, statistics and financial mathematics
4. Discrete mathematics and combinatorial optimization
5. Geometry, topology and visualization
6. Numerical mathematics and scientific computing
7. Applied analysis and differential equations

The graduate program starts with three to four semesters of course work
(Phase I) following on from the bachelor's level to a master's degree.
This is followed by four to six semesters of thesis research
(Phase II) leading to a doctoral degree at one of the universities.

Students who have completed their bachelor's degree by
October 2013 can apply for Phase I; those who have completed
their master's degree by this date can apply directly for Phase II.

Complete information about applying to the BMS is available online:
http://www.math-berlin.de/images/guidelines2012.pdf

* Deadline for admission with scholarship: 15 December 2012 *
Deadline for admission only: 15 May 2013
Website: http://www.math-berlin.de/application

Contact:
E-Mail: applications en math-berlin.de
phone: +49 (0)30 314-78651