[Todos CMAT] Ponencia - Prof. Gustavo Bergantiños: viernes 11 de Noviembre.

Franco Robledo frobledo en fing.edu.uy
Lun Nov 7 17:34:06 UYST 2011

Estimados:
El próximo viernes 11 de noviembre a las 13:00 horas en el Salón de
Posgrados del INCO habrá una exposición del Prof. Gustavo Bergantiños
(Research Group in Economic Analysis of the University of Vigo);
ponencia titulada:

“Strategy-proofness in the division problem with voluntary participation”.

Resumen:
The division problem consists of allocating a given amount of an
homogeneous and perfectly divisible good among a group of agents with
single-peaked preferences on the set of their potential shares. A rule
proposes a vector of shares for each division problem. The literature
has implicitly assumed that agents will find acceptable any share they
are assigned to. In this paper we consider the division problem when
agents' participation is voluntary. Each agent has an idiosyncratic
interval of acceptable shares where his preferences are single-peaked. A
rule has to propose to each agent either to not participate or an
acceptable share because otherwise he would opt out and this would
require to reassign some of the remaining agents' shares. We present an
extension of the uniform rule that deal explicitly with agents'
voluntary participation. Besides we characterize it using a weak version
of strategy-proofness together with other properties as efficiency,
equal treatment of equals, bound monotonicity and admissible contraction.

Saludos cordiales,
Franco Robledo Amoza

--
Dr. Ing. Franco Robledo Amoza