[Todos CMAT] Defensa de Tesis de Maestría de Ingeniería Matemática.

Franco Robledo frobledo en fing.edu.uy
Mar Abr 12 12:49:37 UYT 2011

Estimados:
     Mediante la presente los invito cordialmente a la Defensa de Tesis
de Maestría en Ingeniería Matemática de la Ing. Cecilia Parodi a
realizarse el día Viernes 15 de Abril a las 9:00 horas en la Salón de
Seminarios del INCO, Facultad de Ingeniería.

Título de la Tesis: "Integer Optimization Applied to the Design of
Robust Minimum Cost Multi-Layer Networks".

Tribunal:
Dr. Ing. Pablo Belzarena (IIE, Facultad de Ingeniería). Presidente de mesa.
Dra. Paola Bermolen (IMERL, Facultad de Ingeniería),
Dr. Ing. Héctor Cancela (Dpto. Inv. Operativa-InCo, Facultad de
Ingeniería),
MSc. Ing. Antonio Mauttone (Dpto. Inv. Operativa-InCo, INCO, Facultad de
Ingeniería).

Tutores: Carlos Testuri, Franco Robledo.

Abstract:
In this work we solve the problem of designing an MPLS data network, to
be deployed over an existing SDH/DWDM transport infrastructure, which is
itself a combination of technologies. The data and different work
hypothesis are from a particular operator: the National
Telecommunications Administration (ANTEL) of Uruguay where the problem
was originated.

The target Data Network is an IP/MPLS Multi-Layer network over which
different kinds of services are delivered and therefore with different
quality requirements. During the process we will seek to minimize the
economical resources incurred by the deployment over the Transport
Infrastructure (Transport Network) of ANTEL.

The solution found should be of optimal (minimum) cost and must be able
to send a known traffic meeting certain quality parameters, even
considering simple failures in some section of the Transport Network.

The proposed problem is NP-Hard class in terms of computational
complexity. Special cases of it are NP-complete problems. We model the
problem algebraically as an Integer Mathematical Programming Problem and
solve it approximately.

Saludos cordiales,
Dr. Ing. Franco Robledo Amoza