[Todos CMAT] en euros: Permanent IMU Secretariat, Job Offers and Inauguration

Dr. Roberto Markarian - IMERL roma en fing.edu.uy
Jue Nov 11 20:09:44 UYST 2010

From:	 Martin Groetschel, IMU Secretary

Dear colleagues,

I would like to inform you that the decision at the
meeting of the General Assembly in August 2010 in
Bangalore, India to open the new permanent office of
IMU in Berlin is currently in the execution phase.
As you know the new Secretariat will be hosted by the
Weierstrass Institute for Applied Analysis and
Stochastics (WIAS), see
http://www.wias-berlin.de/index.jsp?lang=1

The IMU Executive Committee and the Weierstrass
Institute have worked out an agreement on the
operation of the office which was recently signed
by the IMU President and the WIAS Director.

Based on this agreement, the WIAS administration
has formulated the advertisements for the five new
positions to be filled (in cooperation with me).
This is a legally somewhat difficult process since
the way the duties are formulated have influence on
the salary scale, and thus, the wording went over
several desks for approval.

All positions have an initial 2 years contract that
may be extended (and is afterwards basically a
lifetime position at WIAS).

The German version of the 5 openings was published
in German newspapers this week. Sylwia Markwardt
has, in cooperation with the Weierstrass Institute,
prepared an English translation. You find the German
and the English versions of the job advertisements
in the attachment. The deadline for all applications
is December 3, 2010. We will try to fill the positions
as quickly as possible (without sacrificing quality).

In case you know persons who might be candidates for
one of these positions, please forward the opening to
these persons. WIAS and IMU are open for emplyoyees
of any nation and are giving everyone the opportunity
to apply.

The timing of the inauguration ceremony has also been
decided. The formal opening of the new IMU Secretariat
will be on
         Tuesday, February 1, 2011, 15:30 - 17:30.
In addition to the current IMU President Laci Lovasz,
our next President Ingrid Daubechies, ICMI President
Bill Barton and several other representatives of IMU
and the mathematicians in Berlin and Germany, the Deputy
of the Federal Minister of Germany for Education and
Research (Staatssekretaer Dr. Georg Schuette), the
Minister of Education, Science and Research of the
State of Berlin (Senator Prof. Dr. Juergen Zoellner)
and several other celebrities will participate in this
event.

Best regards

Martin Groetschel

|            Martin Groetschel              |
|             Secretary of the              |
|  International Mathematical Union (IMU)   |
|       URL: http://www.mathunion.org       |
|      e-mail: secretary en mathunion.org      |
|Postal Address:      |Telecommunication:   |
|Zuse Institute Berlin|Tel: +49 30 84185 210|
|Takustr. 7           |Tel: +49 30 314 23266|
|D-14195 Berlin       |FAX: +49 30 84185 269|
|Germany              |Sec: +49 30 84185 208|
|    personal URL: www.zib.de/groetschel    |

Enviado usando el Servicio de Correo Web
Facultad de Ingenieria - UR - URUGUAY