[Todos CMAT] Conferencia INGEMAT – Badih Ghattas – 6 de noviembre

Marco Scavino - IMERL mscavino en fing.edu.uy
Jue Nov 5 21:25:48 UYST 2009

Estimados:

Les recuerdo que el viernes 6 de noviembre, de 16:15 a 17:15 horas
en el Salón de Seminarios del IMERL (Facultad de Ingeniería),
el Dr. Badih Ghattas (Institut de Mathématiques de Luminy, Marseille, France)
dictará la conferencia
Multivariate Unsupervised Discretization preserving mutual information.

Resumen

In this talk we consider discretization of continuous variables in an
unsupervised context where our objective is to conserve the maximum
information about dependence between these variables after
discretization. We view the discretization as an optimization problem
and suggest two algorithmic solutions. We will show the efficiency of
our method on several simulated datasets. We consider here only the
binary case although our approach may be generalized
straightforwardly. We will illustrate the use of such procedure in the
construction of Bayesian Networks over biological data sets.

Saludos cordiales,
Marco