[Todos CMAT] Fwd: Last info and final reminder of 5ECM

Ma. Alejandra Rodriguez Hertz jana en fing.edu.uy
Mie Jun 18 17:53:20 UYT 2008

Recibí y reenvío.
Saludos
J.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Herman J.J. te Riele <Herman.te.Riele en cwi.nl>
Date: Wed, Jun 18, 2008 at 10:46 AM
Subject: Last info and final reminder of 5ECM
To: Herman.te.Riele en cwi.nl

*************************************
Last info and Final Reminder of 5ECM
*************************************

*with apologies for bothering you with multiple copies*

Dear colleagues,

This is a final reminder of the 5th European Congress of Mathematics in
Amsterdam, 14 - 18 July, organized under the auspices of the European
Mathematical Society.
Incorporated in this Congress is the yearly Dutch Mathematical Congress
of the Royal Dutch Mathematical Society (KWG).

If you have registered already for 5ECM, you may ignore this letter, but
please
pay attention to what follows since this informs you about the latest
developments.

*Electronic registration for 5ECM through www.5ecm.nl closes on June 25,
2008.*

The list of participants in the congress bag will be based on those who have
registered electronically.

Of course, it remains possible to register on-site.
Pre-registration on-site is possible on Sunday July 13, from 17:00-19:00
in the RAI Convention Centre.

The Brouwer Prize Ceremony will take place at the VU University Amsterdam,
on Monday July 14, from 19:00-21:00. This ceremony starts with an organ
concert
by Joseph Steenbrink, followed by the Brouwer Lecture, which will be
delivered
by *Phillip Griffiths* of the Institute for Advanced Study in Princeton.
The ceremony will be followed by the Opening Reception.

In addition to ten EMS Prize Lectures, there is the Felix Klein Prize
Lecture.
This will be presented to a young mathematician who has applied
sophisticated
mathematical methods to solve a difficult industrial problem.
The names of the eleven Prize Winners will be revealed during the
5ECM Opening Ceremony on Monday July 14, from 8:45-10:00.

The Opening Ceremony will be a spectacular event in which the most famous
Dutch painter Rembrandt will play a special role, to mark the beginning of
this important congress for mathematicians!

There will be two Round Table Meetings, viz., on Industrial Mathematics and
on Mathematics in Developing Countries.

The congress dinner party is planned on Wednesday evening July 16.
It is informal and should be fun for all congress participants.
You will find good food including typical Dutch specialities.
The location of the party is Hotel Arena in Amsterdam and the party will be
organized in two rooms which allows for two different musical climates.
Every participant will find there something of his/her choice!
We can assure you that verbal communication will be very well possible
at most, if not all, times.
Unfortunately, the congress party could not be included in the registration
fee.
Tickets for the congress party cost 55 euro and can be ordered via the
electronic
registration, or bought during 5ECM at the registration desk.
The price of the ticket covers about two-thirds of the total costs.
The other one-third is subsidized by the congress.

This is /your/ meeting, so your attendance is the basis for a success of the
congress.  From our side, we will do our utmost to be a good host.
Together we will make this a splendid congress!

The 5ECM Organizing Committee,
Andre Ran, Herman te Riele, Jan Wiegerinck